Thursday, March 20, 2008



I used Flash to create this illustration for the George Bernard Shaw quote
"If you can't get rid of the skeletons in your closet you'd best teach them to dance"


I learned flash from the authors of this book. Tim Jones, Dave Wolfe, Al Rossen and Barry Kelley. Dave is the moderator of the Plugins forum over at www.coldhardflash.com I highly reccommend this book for traditional artists who are migrating to Flash animation, and also to any one new to Flash for cartoon animation.
In fact, this is the textbook that I use for an advanced animation class that I teach at CSUCI. It used to be just traditional media, but I finally persuaded the school to allow the students to use Flash to create their animation projects, and how lucky we are that this book was published the exact semester that the school okayed the migration to a digital medium for the class.

No comments: